LAMINATE FLOORING EDMONTON
Our modern laminate flooring is simple, efficient, and resilient.
Our Trusted Laminate Suppliers
Sierra has been in business for over 20 years, plus the many additional years of flooring experience that our staff bring, we really do specialize in flooring. From design, styling, product knowledge, installation experience, project management, and service, you don’t need to look any further than Sierra Flooring.
Get an estimate for your project
Laminate vs. Hardwood
The price of higher-quality laminate is comparable to lower-end hardwood. Laminate can be installed cheaper than wood but at the cost of quality.
Laminate has good stain resistance, although hardwood is likely to last longer. It is great for a young, active family.
Laminate is very easy to clean and requires little maintenance as long as spills and scuffs are treated as soon as possible. Your Hardwood requires more care, but it can be refinished.
Properly Installed and maintained Hardwood flooring, will help you maximize the resale value of your property, over laminate. Although laminate does provide peace of mind for ease of daily living.
Heavy objects could damage a laminate floor past the laminate itself, while the hardest of woods can be nearly dent-proof. Remember that wood can also be refinished if needed.
There are styles that convey the authentic look of wood or the classic appeal of ceramic tile. At Sierra Flooring, we have many brands and varieties for you to choose from.
Choose Your Look
Various shades and finishes allow you to decide how your wood will look down to the species, and now laminates are mimicking hardwood even more.
Some laminates offer beveled, distressed, and highly textured options—giving your laminate floor not only the look of hardwood, but the feel of it, too.
Download Showroom Assistant App
Use our app in-store to save and share information about your favourite flooring options.
Caring for Your Laminate Floor
Please be sure to reference your laminate floor warranty for specific care requirements! For your general information, however, here are some basic tips and facts:
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen. Never allow liquids to stand on your floor.
- For tough spots, such as oil, paint, markers, lipstick, ink, or tar, use acetone/nail polish remover on a clean white cloth, then wipe the area with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue.
- Sweep, dust, or vacuum the floor regularly with the hard floor attachment (not the beater bar) to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or dull the floor finish.
- Periodically clean the floor with cleaning products made specifically for laminate floor care.
- Do not wash or wet mop the floor with soap, water, oil-soap detergent, or any other liquid cleaning material. This could cause swelling, warping, delamination, and joint-line separation, and void the warranty.
- Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- Do not use any type of buffing or polishing machine.
- For spots such as candle wax or chewing gum, harden the spot with ice and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.